C27E: Cannabis Blockchain Convergence is LA’s premier 4/20 event uniting the cannabis and blockchain communities, centered on a 48-hour hackathon to develop decentralized applications and other blockchain solutions for the cannabis industry. Participation will be capped at 100 participants who will form teams of up to 7 people maximum to develop an idea/project/company that leverages blockchain to solve a real problem in the cannabis industry.
Beginning on Friday afternoon teams will form and work throughout the weekend on their idea which they will then pitch on Sunday to a judges panel who will determine the top 3 winners which will carry prizes including tokens, developer tools, and C27E swag.
Participants must RSVP on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/c27e-the-cannabis-blockchain-convergence-tickets-44725594457) and should join our Telegram group (@C27E).
Sponsors interested in partnering with C27E can learn more about our sponsorship offerings here: https://docsend.com/view/xitkc44
“The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing segments of the global economy despite lacking banking, digital marketplaces, trust between operators, and software tools. Cryptoassets have the potential to revolutionize how cannabis business is conducted from the ground up, yet there are currently no real solutions that are widely used and that actually solve problems.”
Lack of access to banking and merchant services, costly and burdensome seed-to-sale tracking software, and unsophisticated supply chain management software are all major challenges facing operators in the cannabis industry. Many of these seemingly intractable problems can be resolved in an elegant and effective manner by implementing solutions based on blockchain technology. C27E will bring together the world’s leading experts in cryptography and cannabis to develop blockchain solutions for the cannabis industry.
Who is this for?
– Blockchain developers
– Owners/operators of mature cannabis businesses
– High-growth startups in the blockchain / cannabis spaces
– Blockchain & cannabis investors
– Heidi Pease – Executive, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the Los Angeles Blockchain Lab, a community of academia, government, enterprise, non-profits, startups, and investors focused on elevating, educating, and innovating in blockchain technology. Previously, Heidi held senior roles at AIG, Ascension Insurance, and founded a company called HomeSideKick which provided crowdfunding for home mortgages through smart contracts on blockchain.
– Rick Kimballl – Founder of Samphire Capital Management, a cannabis investment fund, and former Partner and Managing Director at Goldman Sachs where he was Head of Global Healthcare Banking. Prior to Goldman, Richard was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley in their Healthcare and Equity Capital Markets investment banking groups where he ran over 140 Initial Public Offerings including for United Parcel Services, Pepsi Bottling, and more.
– Timothy Lewis – Venture Advisor at DNA.fund, a leading ICO fund and advisory firm, and current Chief Technology Officer at Genezen, one of the largest cannabis cultivators in California with over 1 million square feet of permitted canopy. Tim currently advises over 20 companies on their ICOs and was previously a lead cybersecurity expert at Kaiser Permanente, Oracle, and the American Medical Association.
– Malik Spellman Peacemaker – Former business partner of Freeway Rick Ross (one of the largest drug traffickers in history) and peacemaker who settled the agreement between the Bloods and the Crips and starred in A&E’s show “The Peacemaker: LA Gang Wars”. Malik is currently the CEO & Founder of Rare Helium, a Los Angeles based vertically integrated cannabis holding company operating under LA’s Social Equity Program.
– Ann Greenberg (confirming schedule) – Serial entrepreneur and founder of Gracenote, a music, video and sports metadata provider ($560M exit to Nielsen), current CEO & Founder of the Hugging Company, an incubator for Blockchain and immersive technologies providing cutting edge solutions for diverse industries, and Entertainment AI which leverages machine learning to automate content creation. Ann has developed creative technology projects for many leading entertainers including David Bowie among others.
– Fred Krueger – Serial entrepreneur with multiple exits including Fauve Software, Random Noise, Traffic Marketplace, iWin, TagWorld, Adconion, GradientX, Minds and Machines, and is currently CEO & Founder, WorkCoin – a global decentralized marketplace for independent contractors and freelancers which is in now launching its ICO.
– Adam Gillman – CEO & Founder of F/ELD Extracts, the #1 Los Angeles cannabis extracts brand, recent winner of 1st Place in the Masters of Rosin solventless cannabis concentrates competition at Spannabis (the world’s largest cannabis competition); previously founded Cycle House, LA’s premier cycling studio chain, and Xtify (exited to IBM).
– Daniel Finkelstein – Early investor in the cannabis space and Principal at Gotham Green Partners. Gotham Green Partners is one of the largest US-based venture capital funds focused on the cannabis space with investments in many of the best known brands in the industry.
– Aficionado Estates (IG: @aficionadoestates) – One of the most awarded cannabis breeders in the world with 16 placements in the top 20 at the Emerald Cup including 1st place finishes for their Long Valley Royal Kush and Chemdawg Special Reserve in addition to a number of other top 5 finishes. Aficionado’s boutique genetics command a premium of between 5x – 10x that of their next closest competitors.
– F/ELD Extracts (IG: @fieldextracts) – LA’s premier concentrate brand, recent 1st place winner in the Masters of Rosin solventless concentrates category at Spannabis (world’s largest cannabis competition). F/ELD has done collaborations with best-in-class breeders including Terp Hogz (original breeders of the legendary strain Zkittlez) and Sherbinskis (breeders of Gelato).
– Pistil Point (IG: @pistilpoint) – With over a million square feet of licensed canopy in Oregon and California for the cultivation of cannabis and hemp products, in addition to being the largest indoor producer of high grade indoor cannabis in Oregon, Pistil Point has established itself as a leading breeder and cannabis processor of branded products through collaborations with G Pen, Dying Breed Seeds and 3rd Gen Family Farms.
Additional judges are being added and the full panel will be between 8-10 people with backgrounds as investors or C-level executives with leading cannabis and crpyto funds and companies.
– Welcome, Schedule of Events, and Ground Rules: 7pm
– Reverse Pitch from Cannabis Cos: 7:30pm – 8:15pm
– Networking: 8:15pm – 8:45pm
– Entrepreneur solution pitches: 8:45pm – 9:30pm
– Team formation and networking: 9:30pm – 10:15pm
– DJ Dance Party: 10:15pm – late
– Breakfast: 8am
– Work begins: 9am
– Lunch: 12pm
– High Tea: 4:20pm
– Dinner: 6pm
– Coding sprint goes all night
– Breakfast: 8am
– Work begins: 9am
– Lunch: 12pm
– High Tea: 4:20pm
– Pitch to Judges: 5:00pm
– Winner announced: 7:00pm
– Afterparty and networking (venue closes late)
VR Playhouse – LA’s premier virtual reality creation studio
3011 Verdugo Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90065 (near Dodger Stadium)
About the Organizers:
Royal Cannabis Advisors and Playhouse Innovation Labs have partnered to produce the world’s first Cannabis Blockchain Convergence. More on each below:
– Royal Cannabis Advisors is an elite cannabis consulting firm leveraging Fortune 100 experience to help leading cannabis startups with fundraising, business development and strategy, key executive hires and recruiting. Royal Cannabis Advisors currently serves the largest and most distinguished cannabis firms globally.
– Playhouse Innovation Labs extends the mission, vision, and values of VR Playhouse to the larger innovation space by providing strategic consulting, event services, and curated co-working partnerships. With a focus on embodied computing, blockchain/DLT, and machine learning, Playhouse Innovation Labs works to ensure a technological future that respects user data and privacy rights by deploying paradigm shifting technologies in pursuit of ROI for enterprise clients.